Friday, August 22, 2008

Does Obama really know how to send a text message?

The big question before the Democrat and Republican National Conventions is who will Senators McCain and Obama pick as their VP candidates. Yesterday Sen. Obama announced that he will declare his running mate in a text message to Obama supporters.

What's up with this? Is he trying to portray that he's hip and in touch? By using text messages, is he trying to show that McCain is old and not in touch with most of America? I wonder how many additional hits Obama's web page got today just from people signing up to receive text messages. Being registered to receive Obama's text messages are the the last thing I need. Its one more way for the fund raisers to reach out and bug me. I thought that political advertisements made by autonomous phone services to my house phone were rude enough. Why do I need to receive political solicitations over the phone. If I wanted to give, I'd give to your campaign.

The real question I want to know is "if I handed Obama my cell phone, would he really know how to send a text message or would one of his aides have to show him?"

AJ

2 comments:

Stitch said...

Since I don't really care who his VP running mate will be, I can stand the 10 second wait for MSM to broadcast the name of the Annoited One's Right Hand Man/Woman. Actually, I bet I can hold out a lot longer than that.

It's just good hype and basically the "prize" in the box of Cracker Jacks for most of these folks. I for one don't care much for the Cracker Jacks been offered, much less the prize.

Stitch

Gene said...

I agree with AJ - I bet it would take about 7 seconds to get your first request from a fund raiser.

As to who is the VEEP please let it be old JOE - he will good for some podcast material.

Gene