Friday, April 24, 2009

The Whining Starts Now

Ok, so I live in the greater Boston area and I only have one complaint. I can get over the horrible roads and the long winters, but there is one thing driving me nuts.

Red Sox fans.

I don't mind that they rabidly support their team and where baseball hats all year long. What is worse is the whining. Red Sox fans whine like no one else. Every down turn, hickup, bump in the road experienced by the Sox is some one else's fault and the worst event EVER! Waaa waaa waaa.

I happen to be a Yankees fan and wear my baseball hat with pride. I also wear it because I know that it pisses some people off. Occassionally, I catch someone's eye in public and they're smiling. The smile is a little secret between two Yankees fans who know that our existence will kick off so much crying you'd think you were in the baby ward at the hospital.

I offer my observations just hours before the first meeting between the Bronx Bombers and the Sox. Who knows what will happen and who will stay around to play ball in October. One thing is certain, I'll need some cotton balls in my ears to block out the whining.

Play ball!

No comments: